The ultimate goal of this position is to “keep the pastor’s path clear of nonessential tasks and decisions.” Successful candidate will provide outstanding administrative support which includes strong organizational and time management skills, excellent customer service skills, the ability to analyze and resolve problems, ability to work under time sensitive constraints, work under minimal work supervision and possess a high level of confidentiality.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff, volunteers, church members, vendors, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communication
- Exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands and deadlines, demonstrate flexibility in the face of change or uncertainty and concurrently manage multiple tasks successfully
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work within strict time constraints
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Must be tech savvy and willing to learn new technologies
- Be patient, reliable and have an attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong internet research skills
- Manage and distribute incoming calls as needed
- Manage and maintain Senior Pastor’s calendar, schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and functions, coordinate logistics for same and plan events, arrange catering
- Assist the Senior Pastor with special mailings and information requests
- Notify the Senior Pastor when critical information is received including deaths, hospitalizations, surgeries, births, etc.
- Prepare for meetings; create presentations and spreadsheets
- Organize events
- Liaise with vendors, contractors, and staff
- Organize and maintain confidential files and records of a sensitive nature
- In the Senior Pastor’s absence, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate individuals; as needed, interprets request and help implement action
- Plan work and establish priorities to ensure work is completed on schedule while keeping the Senior Pastor on task with critical matters
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports for Senior Pastor
- Research topics of interest, request for information and/or routine inquires
- Other duties as assigned
The Senior Pastor’s Administrative Assistant position is part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week. This person may be required to work additional hours during special activities upon suggestion or request by the Senior Pastor. The administrative assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor.